Monday, July 21, 2014

FENCEBUILDING








This is just the post/cement stage.  Still, the whole area behind the house has been a massive project for me.  2 pics above is basically a ledge of sandstone, concrete and sticks I have used to build up the edge of the hill.  Dropping 50lb cement chunks attached to massive posts will also help as well.

The dirt is about 6 inches of manageable, and then a hard clay/sandstone.  Trust me, these 2ft holes were serious posthole digger work.

Ivan has been my right hand man through the whole project.  We continually remark to each other about how it is good at the end of the day to see how much we have done.  He reminds me of myself at that age.  I simply couldn't wait to get out there and use my arms and do a man's work.

Those pylons have been stacked behind the house since before I showed up.  I am glad to have been able to put them to use.

Today we actually pound the fence wiring in.  Pics to some.

-Peter