Thursday, February 11, 2010

In Public

Years ago I learned that all I need to do is have headphones on my head and people would leave me alone. That stranger who wants directions would hit someone else up. That person looking for volunteers outside of the supermarket would turn to someone else. That imbalanced person demanding attention would look elsewhere for that recognition.

Lately, in my quest for public reclusiveness, I have resorted to holding my cellphone to my head. I find that it deters most people, but for some reason a stubborn few think that they can interrupt my fake call for a request for spare change, etc.

I need to come up with a new public "keep out game."

I thought that the PSP would be it, but people just want to know what game I'm playing.

I am working on it.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry