Monday, September 03, 2007

SCOOTER TAG

The person who is it rides the scooter. The rest are on foot. This is officially the game of my summer. Other aspects are that you bust a sweat and your legs are sore at the end. My scooter skills are up...I haven't spilled seriously yet. I even went to youtube to watch stunts on the Fuzion so I could get something on at times when we play "vehicle tag" where everyone is on something. I have a long way to go.

I am reminded of my sweaty summer nights playing kick the can at the top of Hellam Street. The immigrant neighbors would come out and tell us to keep it down, and I for one would not.

The key to these games is population; as you will note here, there is a population. The rest of the kids in this neighborhood are still a little shook, but they are starting to hover on the sidelines.

Here is an example of the action: