Sunday, August 26, 2007

AVP PART 2




IN SPACE NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
ON EARTH IT WON'T MATTER.

Both the Alien and the Predator franchises eventually pissed me off. Every several years a new one pops up that might save the pack. I have hope for this one. AVP was one of the worst stillborn films I have ever seen. Thank the internet gods that I downloaded it and stole from 20th Century Fox. They wanted to obviously steal from me with that half-baked mistake.


Someone said that this was going to be good. I laughed in their face. Then they sent me the link for the new trailer and I soiled my underoos. It is an R-Rated trailer, so strap yourself in for some decent gore. Furthermore, the "F-YOU!" at the end really cuts to the chase; much like a knock-knock joke I have been telling to mature company that has the the same punchline.

Some great things have happened in both series. David Fincher got his start. Casson and I were discussing this probably less than a week ago. I still need to go back and see Alien Part 3 and see if it was as horrible as I remember it. Predator part one is still one of my all time favorites. My computer at work whispers "anytime" to me whenever a new email comes in. Bill Paxton's "game over" rant ranks as one of my most quoted movie passages.

That being said, I am sure that most if not all of the money is blown for us in the trailer. Lots of heads snapping and popping, and lots of alien acid blood. This definitely brings the action back that I recall from 1986's ALIENS...but will it cut the mustard? No idea, but this is the best trailer that has gone across my laptop in awhile. Check it out: