Friday, March 16, 2007

Ferdie for sale





1970 VW Camper Hooptie for sale
I was so freakin Hyped by what I put on Craigslist that I am dropping the text here.


Checkit:


Date: 2007-03-16, 3:11PM PDT1970 VW Westfalia.


Ferdinand is a Canadian vehicle, I drove her out of the North myself. This van is the Millenium Falcon. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I have had this vehicle for almost 15 years. I have receipts going back to the early 90s.


New rebuilt engine with about 4000 miles on it. (just had the valves checked, good to go).

New Clutch (same time as engine)

Decent tires

New Battery

Daily driver

New ignition and starter

No need to worry about smogging her, she gets a pass


Things you should know:


*I got hit in her about 10 years ago, and that is the primer job in the pic. It was only bodywork, nothing else.


*The pop-top works, there is a minor tear. It is totally habitable (my kids lived in it last summer while I got the engine together).


*The cancer is spreading. It is visible in the pics and I will show you more if you come to check her out. She needs body work, or she needs her guts and spirit placed into a more decent body.


*I drive her about 100 miles a day. Highway miles, none of that start and stop trash.


*She would be a great project car for a student, or for someone who already has a Westfalia and needs to tighten their game.


*Front 2 seat belts work. The back has two that work as well.


*There is a gas heater. I have never used the thing, but there are ways to heat her over the winter.


*Windshield has taken a few dings. No cracks, just dings. They actually look like bulletholes, but they are not holes.


*I have personally gone through stages of living in this thing. This is a room on wheels. I have camped up and down the Northern coast in her.


*You are never going to be in a hurry in Ferdinand. She does 70 mph on the highway, and that is about it.


*Rear left corner panel took a crunch about 12 years ago. Not major damage, but there nonetheless.


*Hit me up and I will send you pics of whatever you need to see in regards to her.


Dear Lord, there is a lot of history with this vehicle. I could tell you stories for days. I am going to miss her.